Today, there are more families than ever waiting to adopt children. Many of them are couples who have longed for a child but cannot have one of their own, due to a variety of reasons. Choosing to place your child for adoption is a selfless and brave act. Women’s Care Center can help you navigate this option and explain all of your choices.
Adoption offers the following benefits:
- You can choose the adoptive family and control many details affecting the future of your child.
- You can determine the nature of your relationship with your child and the adoptive family.
- Adoptive parents are in a position to explain details of the adoption to the child at each stage of his/her development to help the child become a well-adjusted, successful person.
- At any point in the adoption process you can decide to keep the child. Every state has different rules for adoption but in most cases adoptions are considered final when the child is six months old.
- Counseling, support groups and other services enable affected individuals to work through the grieving process, sense of loss and other challenges that may develop.